The folks over at Warner Brother realized that maybe the Superman Returns movie wasn’t as good as it should have been. From a Wall Street Journal article: Warner Bets of Fewer, Bigger Movies
‘Superman’ didn’t quite work as a film in the way that we wanted it to,” says Mr. Robinov. “It didn’t position the character the way he needed to be positioned.” “Had ‘Superman’ worked in 2006, we would have had a movie for Christmas of this year or 2009,” he adds. “But now the plan is just to reintroduce Superman without regard to a Batman and Superman movie at all.
So… this could mean a Superman movie that will block out all memories of Superman Returns!
Here’s my wishlist for a probable Superman movie:
– The Superman portrayed should be a Post-Crisis Superman.
– No illegitimate children of Superman hanging around. Please.
– Lois Lane should already know Clark Kent is Superman – I mean, c’mon, we should be past this by now.
– No Kevin Spacey. He didn’t play Lex Luthor in the last movie, he played Gene Hackman playing Lex Luthor.
– Superman needs to show some expression now and then.
– The plot can’t revolve around real estate. You would think that this is common sense.
– Different director. Sorry Bryan Singer, you had your chance.
Keeping fingers crossed.